If you have ever felt like giving original cards for Halloween then you need to be introduced to DIY Halloween pop-up cards. Boomf allows you to create your own greeting cards to send on Halloween. They are easy and fun crafts for kids and can also be an entertaining family activity. Go through the steps that will be mentioned in this article and you will be well on your way to having your very own DIY pop-up cards to send this Halloween. Check out our personalised Halloween cards collection to find inspiration.
Before you start looking through our collection of card designs to choose from, there are some things to consider first for your DIY Halloween pop-up cards.
- How much time is needed to create a card?
- Do you have all the things needed to complete the creative process?
- Do you have a suitable workspace?
- What pop-up Halloween creature do you want to attach to your Halloween card?
How Much Time is Needed to Create a Card?
To finish the process of creating a card, you need to dedicate anything from 20 to 50 minutes to the process.
Things you Need To Create Pop-Up Halloween Cards
- Paper glue
- Card stock
- A pencil
- Printing machine
- White A4 papers
- A computer or phone access to the internet.
Before you Start
Don't just jump right into it. Here are some things to do before you start.
- Prepare your working area.
- Read through all the steps before you begin.
- Imagine how you want your handmade Halloween pop-up card to look when it's done.
- Gather all necessary supplies.
What Pop-Out Creature do You Want to Attach to Your Card?
Boomf has numerous pop-out Halloween characters. You can choose yours from the list.
- Wizard's hat
- and many more.
Making a DIY Halloween Pop-Out Card. A Step-by-Step Tutorial
- Choose a design pattern from Boomf. There are many designs to select from. From spooky Halloween ghosts to the wicked witch's home. Whatever choice you make comes with a front cover design pattern and also one for the interior of the card, the pop-out character. Once you have picked a card pattern and a pop-out character, print out a coloured copy of the design on white A4 paper and continue the process.
- Take the printed-out front cover patterns and place them on your cardstock, marking the edges and middle part that should be folded. Your cardstock will keep your Halloween DIY card sturdy. Fold your cardstock now, you can see the shape your card will have at this point.
- Once you are done marking the cardstock, use scissors to cut out the excess edges that will not be needed for your homemade Halloween card. After that, cut out the pop-up character you have chosen, from the printed paper. Scissors are sharp so a grown-up should help you get kids to do this step.
- Once the cardstock is folded in the middle, use your paper glue to paste the outer pattern on the side folded out and the pop-out character should be pasted in the middle of the card folded out.
- Now, with the card folded inwards, carefully cut the areas around your pop-up character, the part marked with bold lines or red dots for cutting. Be careful not to cut out the parts not marked.